Recent Designs

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Teacher Appreciation Week


This week is teacher apprectiation week and today was "Take you teacher a flower" day. Camryn has her main teacher, 2 teacher's assistants for special needs children in her class and a sign language interpreter for a deaf child in her classroom. I figured taking real flowers could be a disaster and besides...they die. So we took inspiration from Rebecca @ CMK and made some paper flowers!! Camryn was so excited to take them this morning but was worried about how she was going to get them on the bus, to school and off the bus into her classroom. {I have no idea where this child got her worrying gene from!!} We put them in a little shoebox and she looked so cute carrying them to the bus stop this morning. I, of course, had to snap a few pictures!

The whole teacher appreciation thing got me thinking....I have some teachers that I remember really made an impression on me throughout my school days. My kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Lintula, was awesome! I still remember her and how she made each person feel so special. She made me feel so smart and I truly believe she is a big part of why I loved school so much. I had another teacher in 7th grade, Mrs. Kelsey. She was such a smart woman and inspired me to be different, set myself apart from the crowd and really encouraged her students to be everything that they dreamed of being. I still remember many of my teachers but these two in particular were huge influences on me.

Being taught that I could be anything and do anything while being loved and truly cared about really fostered my independence and my desire to create and be an original. I guess that has really carried into my adult life and my scrapping. I try to follow these same principles when I create! How about you? Have you thought about special teachers way back in your life? Or maybe special teachers in your children's lives who have really made a lasting impression? Do you think those impressions have changed the way you scrapbook? Think about it....pay tribute to them somehow...even if it's just blogging about them as I have today.

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to thank your children's teachers this week!!

8 comments:

Adrienne said...

So cute!!!!

Rebecca said...

These are so stinking cute...and she looks so excited. What a moment to treasure!

ashlee said...

WHAT A GREAT THING TO GIVE A TEACHER...YOUR DAUGHTER IS JUST PRECIOUS!

Bobbie said...

Love the flowers, love the layout. Great new header, all you girls have inspired me to try it on my blog.

Amy W. said...

how precious is that face??? LOVE the handmade flowers, what a special gift. i bet the teachers will treasure them. :>

Cami said...

too cute! such a proud moment :)

Sandi Minchuk said...

Awesome project and layout, Chelsea!

Unknown said...

OMGosh, those are so cute and your little girl is just darling!