Recent Designs

Monday, May 08, 2006

Please Remember Me...

I love that song by Tim McGraw...but who doesn't love Tim? We lost a friend last night when he finally gave in to his fight with liver disease and other problems associated with drinking. So sad to see someone so young throw their life away. I've been thinking about him and his parents a lot lately and his death got me thinking even more about my own life.

I challenged the girls over at CMK to blog today about how they want to be remembered or what their scrapping would say about them when they are gone. So here's what I would hope people would see when they opened my albums and looked through my scrapping room....
1. I loved my family more than the world!!
2. I loved to preserve stories for my children to remember.
3. Losing my mother changed my life in so many ways, including encouraging me to preserve my memories and live life for all that it's worth.
4. I cared about my friends and loved to do things for them.
5. I was creative and found great solace in scrapping.

I was reading someone's blog today and they stated that making this list really made them think about how they scrap. It does me, too. When I sit down to create a layout or an altered item...am I doing it because I love to do it and I love being creative? Does it preserve a special or even an everyday memory I want my children to remember? Does it show my friends and family how much I love them? Does what I'm scrapping or working on represent my desire to live life to the fullest? I know it's not always easy to think of those things each time you scrap...but if I were gone tomorrow, heaven forbid, at least I would be at peace knowing my family and friends understood just who I am.
These are some layouts I did on National Scrapbook Day...






6 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Never easy. Thank you for the blog challenge, it made me think!
Those layouts are stunning!!!!!

Amy W. said...

loved your entry! your layouts are FABULOUS! i'm truly sorry for your loss. take care, Chelsea! {hugs} ;>

plualum said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's passing. And YES, WHO DOESN'T LOVE TIM?!?!?

I love that challenge. I'm definitely going to do it. What a great topic.

Bobbie said...

I love that song by Tim McGraw too! Okay lets face it I love all his stuff. Great entry, and great challenge, it really did get me thinking about my scrapbooks.

Cami said...

sorry for you loss.
perfect post tho & love the lo's

Unknown said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your friend. Those layouts are gorgeous! I love the Bold!