Recent Designs

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

1/2 Way Through the Week

Good Wednesday morning!! Woke up with a killer headache that I went to bed with last night. Darn! Getting Camryn off to the bus and Cara is home with me all day. I have got to get some work done....I have to go in to the office tomorrow and training all day on Friday. Yuck! So I'll get some typing done today and then hopefully scrap this afternoon and evening!!

I have been just sick the last few days about a friend of ours. He is 35 years old and only expected to live a week or so longer due to drinking himself to death. Can you imagine? 35 years old and your liver is shot....how much would one have to drink to kill a liver by 35? It's very sad. He has been an alcoholic for the past 5 year or more. Over the past 2 years the guy literally lived on vodka...hardly any food. The saddest part is that he lost his wife over it because she couldn't watch him kill himself. His parents didn't even know the extent of it until they found him unconcious a few months ago and his dad emptied over a dozen empty fifths out of his truck and found many more bottles in his room. He had gone to treatment and then started drinking again...which is when his wife couldnt' take it. They split up last year but she has been here for the past few weeks spending time with him. It's sad...they didn't split up because they stopped loving each other, it was because of his drinking. He is now in a hospital bed at his parent's home. I feel so bad for them, too. I can't imagine watching a child die because he couldn't put down a bottle. Steve went to see him several times yesterday and is having a really hard time with it. I just can't get it off my mind. Thanks for listening.

On a happier note...I challenged the girls over at Create My Keepsake to blog this morning.
5 Words to Describe Me
  • Friendly
  • Creative
  • Outgoing
  • Mother
  • Wife
5 Words to Describe My Scrapping
  • Fun
  • Layered
  • Photo-centered
  • Heartfelt
  • Creative
Have a wonderful day and "blog on"!!

5 comments:

amy said...

So sorry to hear that sad story..
great post on your 5 things to descride yourself and scrappin style

Rebecca said...

Chelsea,

This is a sad situation and I lost a grandfather this very same way...just couldn't stop drinking and never ate anything...it is a terrible disease.

Anyway...love the challenges - keep them coming!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear abour your friend. :( That is sad, and hopefully he isn't suffering too much right now.

Great posts on your challenge!

ashlee said...

gosh...what a sad way to end your life...lol...i didnt even think to include mother and wife on mine...great description of your style...i think it fits!
Thanks for the challenges...I really enjoy them!

ashlee said...

oh gosh...i am laughing about not including those words NOT ABOUT YOUR FRIEND...that sounds awful! im sorry!!